And guess what? This time he’s enlisted a familiar face as his co-star. None other than ‘You know nothing, Jon Snow’ herself - Game of Thrones’ Rose Leslie!
Rose joins the cast as DS Emma Lane and we hope she will help fill the void left by Ruth Wilson, who superbly played the creepy Alice Morgan in the first three series.
The two-part special sees Idris’ character back on the force and investigating a series of grisly murders in London in his own unique way - such as headbutting teen yobs.
He said: "I don’t think [series creator] Neil Cross or I were satisfied with the ending of the last on. It felt like there were some unanswered questions.
“I don’t think we ever really resolved whether it was going to be the end - I think that version of Luther had stopped and now I think this version of Luther - which is slightly older and a little bit wiser - begins a next chapter.”
“We would love to get a film off the ground, but it takes time. It’s really about when Neil and I are ready to pull that off,” he added.
0 Comments