Ariana Grande Refused To Write a Big Sean Breakup Song on New Album — ‘F*ck It’

  Ariana Grande Big Sean Song
Getty

Don’t expect any break up anthems on Ariana Grande’s new album ‘Moonlight!’ In a new interview with ‘V’ magazine, the singer admits that she refused to write any songs about her break up with Big Sean: ‘Why would I want to write about some bulls**t?’

Ariana Grande‘s, 22, fans have a lot to look forward to with the release on her new album Moonlight: romantic ballads, honest lyrics, a more grown-up sound.  The one thing they shouldn’t expect however, is a pissed-off break up song. Despite going through a high-profile split from Big Sean, 27, around the time of the album’s conception, the “Focus” singer admits in a new interview that she had no desire to write a song about her ex, claiming she had already ‘moved on” by then, so “f**k it.”

Speaking candidly to Scream Queens creator Ryan Murphy, 49, in a new interview for V magazine, Ariana shared some details about her highly-anticipated new album, including why she choose not to include any cathartic power anthems about her split from Big Sean on April 20. “You know, people found out quite a while after it actually happened,” says Ariana. “By the time I was writing the new album, I had kind of moved on. It’s not going to be captured on the album too much. I’m in a happy place. There aren’t any breakup anthems because I had moved on. I was like, alright. Well, fuck it.”

“I think that’s part of the reason I didn’t want to make a pissed-off break-up song,” she continues later in the interview. “I was not focused on that. Everything is nice and great right now…why would I write about some bullshit? I’d rather write about some really lovely things that are going on.”
Could one of those things be her new-found romance with Ricky AlvarezThe couple did recently take their PDA out for a public spin at the Republic Records VMAs after party in Los Angeles on Aug. 30, where we’re told things got pretty steamy! Ariana first dropped a hint that there was something between her and her sexy backup dancer when she planted a kiss on him during a June 28 concert. The relationship was then confirmed when she was caught on camera kissing Ricky in a donut shop on July 4.
While Ariana didn’t mention her new man specifically, she did reveal that her new album is “very special” to her. “I feel like this is the most personal music I’ve made, by far,” she says. “I’m very proud of it and I’m very excited. It’s scary…it’s vulnerable and kind of terrifying.”
Tell us HollywoodLifers — Are you excited for Ariana’s new album, Moonlight? Are you disappointed there won’t be any break up anthems included on the album?

Post a Comment

0 Comments