
Image Courtesy of ESPN/NBA
That had to hurt! Timofey Mozgov illegally screened Klay Thompson during Game 3 of the NBA Finals, leaving Klay with a bruised thigh — and the Warriors’ shooting guard is pissed! During the post-game presser, he totally slammed his opponent for the move and said he ‘didn’t get it’ at all.
Klay Thompson, 26, is NOT happy about Timofey Mozgov, 29, ramming him in the leg during the June 8 game between the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers. He was totally puzzled by the move, and admitted it ‘didn’t make sense to him’ during the post-game press conference. But is the injury keeping him out of Game 4? Find out here!
The play went down late in the first quarter as Klay was guarding Kyrie Irving — he was illegally screened by Timofey during a time he least expected it. “I didn’t get it. I don’t know. I’m guarding Kyrie, running full speed downhill,” he explained. “I just don’t know who is trying to set a pick on me in the middle of the key. If it’s on the perimeter, I understand. But that didn’t make sense to me.”
Klay received some treatment and returned to the game, but after watching the play back, he admitted he was even more baffled. “It seemed kind of dirty to me,” he revealed. “He stuck his knee out, too, but, you know what, that’s basketball.”
Home court advantage was important for the Cavs in Game 3 and they dominated the Warriors in a 120-90 victory. That puts the series score at 2-1, with Game 4 taking place in Cleveland once again on June 10.
But will Klay be on the court for his team? Of course! “Obviously didn’t feel good, but I’ll be alright,” he said of the play. “It’s the Finals. Nothing’s going to keep me out of it.”



0 Comments